[Insight-developers] Change to itkMultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter.txx

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Thu Mar 26 18:02:52 EDT 2009

Brad, the switch to ResampleImageFilter to ShrinkImageFilter occurred n
12-17-2008, and are part of the 3.12 release.  The small change I checked in
this week ‹ which Luis is back-porting into 3.12 ‹ just turns off
UseImageSpacing, which was the default behavior prior to 12-18-2008.

I changed RecursiveMultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter this week to also use
ResampleImageFilter in preference to ShrinkImageFilter.   This was a change
requested after some discussion, and logged in the Bug Tracker:

This change did not break any existing regression tests.  Obviously, it
would be good to have a regression test that failed before this change and
succeeds afterwards.  When Hans gets back in the office next week, I¹ll
discuss formulating such a test.

Conversely, if this change introduces some behavior you find undesirable it
would be great if you could come up with a test program that illustrates the
problem.

I don¹t have a dog in this fight, I just try to fix the bugs I¹m assigned
without breaking anything obvious.  I studied Comp Sci and not Medical Image
Processing background so every time I tackle one of these filters, I don¹t
even necessarily know what it does beforehand, or have any idea what would
constitute improved or impaired behavior.