[Insight-developers] Change to itkMultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter.txx

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Thu Mar 26 11:03:00 EDT 2009

Brad,

Look at the attachment to bug
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=8275.   This attachment includes
the image and the description of center of mass bug.

Hans
--
Hans J. Johnson, Ph.D.
Hans-johnson at uiowa.edu

278 GH
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52241
(319) 353 8587

From: Bradley Lowekamp <blowekamp at mail.nih.gov>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:57:23 -0400
To: Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>
Cc: Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>, ITK <insight-developers at itk.org>,
Hans Johnson <hans-johnson at uiowa.edu>
Subject: Re: [Insight-developers] Change to
itkMultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter.txx

I am giving these changes a closer look. I don' think they were the correct
thing to do as they made a fundamental change in the behavior of the
Pyramids.

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Algorithms/itkMultiResolutionPyr
amidImageFilter.txx?root=Insight&r1=1.25&r2=1.26&sortby=date

Changing from the Shrinker (which used to be an optimized nearest neighbor)
to using a linear interpolated Resample seems wrong to me.

I don't fully understand what the "center of mass" bug is. I think a more
documentation and a diagram is really needed, to describe the behavior of
resampling, and shrinking. This will prevent another bug from happening
again when the current behavior is not liked.

Brad

ps
I could talk more about optimization of itkShrinkImageFilter has been
reduced too, but I think that is another subject.

On Mar 25, 2009, at 4:33 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:

> Luis,
>
> This change
>
> http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Algorithms/itkMultiResolutionPyram
> idImageFilter.txx?root=Insight&r1=1.29&r2=1.30&sortby=date
>
> should be added to the 3.10 release. This undoes the backward
> compatibility I broke with a bad checkin on Dec 17
> http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Algorithms/itkMultiResolutionPyram
> idImageFilter.txx?root=Insight&r1=1.26&r2=1.27&sortby=date
>
> Bill

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Bradley Lowekamp

Lockheed Martin Contractor for