[Insight-developers] Unlike in WarpImageFilter, WarpVectorImageFilter::SetDeformationField takes a non-const deformation field

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Thu Mar 5 14:41:37 EST 2009

Hi,

Sorry for being so noisy recently...

I stumbled on the following problem. The signature of
WarpVectorImageFilter::SetDeformationField is
  void SetDeformationField( DeformationFieldType * field );
instead of
  void SetDeformationField( const DeformationFieldType * field );
in WarpImageFilter.

This requires me to use some const_cast that I would like to avoid.
May I just fix this const-correct issue? Or would it also potentially
break backwards compatibility?

Tom

P.S.: The const correctness change to WarpImageFilter was committed
some 5 years ago:
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/BasicFilters/itkWarpImageFilter.h?root=Insight&r1=1.17&r2=1.18&sortby=date