[Insight-developers] 0008911: Numerical issues in vnl matrix inversion?

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Mon Jul 27 11:50:17 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

I was actually writing an email about that exact matter :)

A few days ago, I tried to replicate bug 8911
http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=8911

I couldn't do it on my machine but since I had the test written, I
decided to commit it. Now I see it failing on a few machines. So
apparently, bug 8911 can be replicated.

I agree that letting vxl folks fix it would be good. Another option
would be to try a fix on ITK's side (which would be faster). I already
prepared something but cannot currently test whether it works or not.
The tentative patch is attached here and to the bug tracker. Could you
try it on your system?

Thanks,
Tom