[Insight-developers] Valgrind is back

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jul 13 10:26:22 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have attached a patch which I believe fixes this leak. I am still in
the process of an Experimental build and test. The freeing of
variables did not match the allocation in MET_StringToWordArray. I
check it's usage in other files and it was performed correctly in the
rest of the library.

So why was this not detected before? This method is used with "LIST"
and "%" in files. It appears that this is the only test which utilizes
this option that metaio image  file can have. As I reported last week
this test also does not produce the correct results on all systems
(This is an original streaming IO test, before I improved the
ImageFileWriter, and this was it's state before as well).  So again, I
am just confused as to why valgrind did not show this leak before. It
is also clean to me that the  "LIST" and "%" options should likely be
tested to see if they are functional with streaming.

Brad

On Jul 13, 2009, at 8:25 AM, Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] wrote:

> I think I see where the leak is. I wonder why it was not detected
> before, it looks like it has been there for a while.
>
> Brad
>

> On Jul 10, 2009, at 7:23 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
>
>> After a hiatus of a couple of weeks, valgrind is back and reporting a
>> Meta issue:
>>
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewDynamicAnalysisFile.php?id=371803
>>
>> Bill
>> \