[Insight-developers] TIFF Support of Zeiss Images

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Tue Jul 7 15:54:02 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

Mathieu Malaterre posted one in the Insight Journal a couple years ago:

   http://hdl.handle.net/1926/139

maybe that would do the trick. Otherwise let me know and I'll try to
find another one.

Julien

Bill Lorensen wrote:
> Curtis,
>
> Thanks for the data and verification.
>
> If I don't hear from Julien, I'll check in the small file you provided
> and add a test. I assume we can distribute the file with ITK?
>
> Bill
>
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Curtis Rueden<ctrueden at wisc.edu> wrote:
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>>> Does this look correct?
>> curtis at monk:~$ showinf 2chZT.lsm -nopix -nometa
>> Checking file format [Zeiss Laser-Scanning Microscopy]
>> Initializing reader
>>         Removing thumbnails
>>         Reading LSM metadata for series #0
>> Initialization took 0.681s
>>
>> Reading core metadata
>> Filename = 2chZT.lsm
>> Series count = 1
>> Series #0:
>>         Image count = 399
>>         RGB = true (2)
>>         Interleaved = false
>>         Indexed = false (true color)
>>         Width = 400
>>         Height = 300
>>         SizeZ = 21
>>         SizeT = 19
>>         SizeC = 2 (effectively 1)
>>         Thumbnail size = 128 x 96
>>         Endianness = motorola (big)
>>         Dimension order = XYCZT (uncertain)
>>         Pixel type = uint8
>>         Metadata complete = false
>>         Thumbnail series = false
>>
>> So, the resolution and image counts match what you're getting. Note that the
>> data is really 4-dimensional (21 focal planes and 19 time points, with 2
>> channels), but the data is likely correct.
>>
>> -Curtis
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I just ran the large file through TIFFImageIO and produces a Meta file
>>> whose header looks like this:
>>>
>>> ObjectType = Image
>>> NDims = 3
>>> BinaryData = True
>>> BinaryDataByteOrderMSB = False
>>> CompressedData = False
>>> TransformMatrix = 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
>>> Offset = 0 0 0
>>> CenterOfRotation = 0 0 0
>>> AnatomicalOrientation = RAI
>>> ElementSpacing = 3.84502e-07 3.84342e-07 7.5e-07
>>> DimSize = 400 300 399
>>> ElementType = MET_UCHAR