[Insight-developers] TIFF Support of Zeiss Images

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Jul 7 15:44:34 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

Does this look correct?

curtis at monk:~$ showinf 2chZT.lsm -nopix -nometa
Checking file format [Zeiss Laser-Scanning Microscopy]
Initializing reader
        Removing thumbnails
        Reading LSM metadata for series #0
Initialization took 0.681s

Reading core metadata
Filename = 2chZT.lsm
Series count = 1
Series #0:
        Image count = 399
        RGB = true (2)
        Interleaved = false
        Indexed = false (true color)
        Width = 400
        Height = 300
        SizeZ = 21
        SizeT = 19
        SizeC = 2 (effectively 1)
        Thumbnail size = 128 x 96
        Endianness = motorola (big)
        Dimension order = XYCZT (uncertain)
        Pixel type = uint8
        Metadata complete = false
        Thumbnail series = false

So, the resolution and image counts match what you're getting. Note that the
data is really 4-dimensional (21 focal planes and 19 time points, with 2
channels), but the data is likely correct.

-Curtis