[Insight-developers] Image Derivatives - physical vs. index space

Samuel Gerber sgerber at cs.utah.edu
Thu Jul 2 16:41:42 EDT 2009

Hi

I need to compute image derivatives in physical space. From my
understanding the derivatives computed from itkDerivativesImageFilter
are either in index space or in physical space but without taking the
direction into account. I found this page:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Proposals:Oriented_Image_Registration
and was wondering what the current status is and the preferred way to
compute  derivatives in physical space (including orientation).

Thanks
Sam