[Insight-developers] Streaming writing checking in

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jan 13 08:08:54 EST 2009

Hello all!

I check in the changes to make ImageFileWriter streaming. There is
still some work to do.

On the positive side:
I don't see any related warning or errors
itkImageFileWriterStreamingPasteCompressingTest1 is now passing
Only an expected test and tests related to streaming failed

I expected:
itkImageToVectorImageFilterTest there is a bug related to
initialization in the wrong place (will be put into mantis shortly)
itkImageFileWriterPasting2_2 and itkImageFileWriterStreaming1_2 to
fail as there are some modifications to be made to MetaImageIO to make
it fully conform to the new interface. Currently it's behaving as it
use to and these two cases produce erroneous results.

Unexpected:
Win32 hates my new code and tests. I am not sure why just about all of
the new streaming and pasting test are failing here.

Part of the reason for some of the ugliness on the dashboard is to
take this opportunity to verify that without modification to an
ImageIO class that it would still be functional with this new
interface (at least as good as it was before). That is to say, take
this opportunity to verify backwards compatibility.

I was able to stream the Visibile Human perfectly well on my
workstation. I think the problems I was experiencing last friday, are
related to using a 32-bit build with a 4G+ dataset. It's very cool
that this should be possible now, but it's going to be a little bit
tricky tracking this issue down. I am also not sure where the best
place to write a test for something like this. I would think the big-
mem  or big file tests are all for 64-bit systems, but that is not
the case for this.

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for