[Insight-developers] 2D -> area, ND-> ???

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 10:30:36 EST 2009

I think that "area opening" is the accepted usage even though it can
apply to higher dimensions than 2. Papers that process 3D medical
images still use the term area opening. Certainly if someone wants to
look up the algorithm in a book like Soilles' they would look up area
opening in the index. I don't think we should introduce a new
terminology.

Bill