[Insight-developers] dicom time series

Iván Macía imacia at vicomtech.org
Mon Feb 16 04:22:10 EST 2009

Hi,

We just filter the filenames according to the selected criteria. When the
image corresponds to a volume we use the standard itk::ImageSeriesReader by
passing it the filtered file names to create a 3D itk::Image. Otherwise, we
keep the filtered file names and read slice by slice on demand using
itk::ImageFileReader since usually on a time series we just need to show a
slice or a set of slices. I guess that in this case you can also use a 3D
itk::Image and interpret the third dimension as time, same with 4D.

Regards

Iván