[Insight-developers] Test for large image buffer convert

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Aug 12 09:36:36 EDT 2009

Thank you all who looked at adding this variable setting to your
configuration!

On Aug 11, 2009, at 6:34 PM, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> I see,
>
> Yes, we may be underestimating the amount of memory
> that the test actually needs to run without errors.

I too greatly underestimated the amount of memory allocated for the
LargeImageWriteConvertReadTest.

> ... another thing that we should double check is whether
> readers and writers do not hold duplicate buffers of their
> own....

MHA/MHD does not have an internal buffer. NRRD may have a rather small
one. And only the test mentioned above uses a buffer in the itkReader
before performing the pixel conversion.

-Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for