[Insight-developers] Test for large image buffer convert

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 10 16:40:07 EDT 2009

Hi Brad,
Thanks for fixing the bug,
That's great news.

We already have other tests in this category:

       Tests that require 64bits and a large RAM.

We enable them conditionally by using the CMake flag:

        ITK_COMPUTER_MEMORY_SIZE

with expressions such as:

IF( ${ITK_COMPUTER_MEMORY_SIZE} GREATER 12 )

  # Image of 9.12 Gigabytes (pixels size is 16bits)
  ADD_TEST(itkLargeImageWriteReadTest3 ${IO_TESTS}
itkLargeImageWriteReadTest
           ${ITK_TEST_OUTPUT_DIR}/LargeImage03.mhd  70000L )

ENDIF( ${ITK_COMPUTER_MEMORY_SIZE} GREATER 12 )

That you will find in

      Insight/Testing/Code/IO/CMakeLists.txt

Where the integer "12" indicates the number of RAM Gigabytes
required for running the test.

Note that the CMake variable is set manually at configuration time.

We haven't explored a reliable way of finding the amount of RAM in
a given computer.

Currently, most of these tests are only run in "redwall.kitware".

It will be great to enable them in other computers.