[Insight-developers] Borland Linker issues with new label tests

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 09:48:24 EDT 2009

Gaëtan,

I have been able to get all of your new classes to compile with the
Borland compiler. It wasn't much effort actually.

However, I hit a snag with linking the following tests on Borland:
itkBinaryImageToStatisticsLabelMapFilterTest1
itkLabelImageToStatisticsLabelMapFilterTest1
itkStatisticsOpeningLabelMapFilterTest1
itkStatisticsKeepNObjectsLabelMapFilterTest1
itkStatisticsRelabelLabelMapFilterTest1
itkBinaryStatisticsOpeningImageFilterTest1
itkBinaryStatisticsKeepNObjectsImageFilterTest1
itkLabelStatisticsKeepNObjectsImageFilterTest1
itkLabelStatisticsOpeningImageFilterTest1
itkStatisticsRelabelImageFilterTest1
itkStatisticsUniqueLabelMapFilterTest1

They all cause the following linker failure:
 Fatal: illegal VIRDEF fixup index in module FOO, where FOO is the
test's obj file.

I spent some time yesterday trying to track this down.
I searched the web, dumped the object symbols with TDUMP, without success.

 I narrowed the issues to instantiation of the form:
 typename LabelObjectValuatorType::Pointer valuator =
LabelObjectValuatorType::New();
where the valuator is StatisticsLabelMapFilter.

For the time being, I am moving all of these tests into
itkReviewTests4. If I can't resolve the problem before the release,
I'll put a Borland conditional around itkReviewTests4 and the
associated ADD_TEST commands.

Bill