[Insight-developers] gccxml and msvc9

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Fri Aug 7 11:02:03 EDT 2009

2009/8/7 Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>:
> Look in the file
>
>  GCC_XML/VcInstall/vcInstall.cxx
>
> for the code:
>
>  const char* vc9sp1Registry[] =
>  {
>    // English SP1
>    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\9.0\\InstalledProducts\\KB948484;",
>    0
>  };
>
> Add additional entries to this array specifying the other values.
> If that works, please send a patch and I'll commit it.

I see that the code currently only checks for the existence of the
key, and not its actual value, so implementing the check in the blog
post I sent would rock the boat too much. :) I will add the KB* keys
on this win32 image, test again and then send the patch.

>> p.s. On Win64, I have:
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\InstalledProducts\KB945140
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\InstalledProducts\KB947888
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\InstalledProducts\KB948484
>
> Actually these are the same.  Windows uses different 32-bit and
> 64-bit process "views" of the registry.  The Wow6432Node is

That wasn't my point, it was more that KB948484 (that's the one you
already check for) exists on my Win64 image and NOT on my Win32 image,
although it was the same VS 2008 installation media.  Only difference
is that I used the SP1 iso in the one case, and the SP1 downloader in
the other case.

Thanks again!!
Charl