[Insight-developers] ITKBinaryAttributeMorphology - Insight Review Porting Overview

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Aug 7 08:43:45 EDT 2009

Le 6 août 09 à 22:44, Sophie Chen a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Please find below a summary of the status of porting the Label
> classes into ITK.
>
> Classes moved during the month of July:
>
> AggregateLabelMapFilter
> ChangeLabelLabelMapFilter
> MergeLabelMapFilter
> PackLabelMapFilter  -> RelabelLabelMapFilter
> ShiftScaleLabelMapFilter
>
> AutoCropLabelMapFilter
> ChangeRegionLabelMapFilter
> CropLabelMapFilter
> PadLabelMapFilter
> RegionFromReferenceLabelMapFilter
>
> Classes moved between August 1 and August 6:
>
> itkBinaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter
> itkBinaryShapeOpeningImageFilter
>
> itkLabelMapToLabelImageFilter
> itkLabelImageToShapeLabelMapFilter
> *itkLabelPerimeterEstimationCalculator
>
> itkShapeKeepNObjectsLabelMapFilter
> itkShapeOpeningLabelMapFilter
> itkShapeRelabelLabelMapFilter
>
> itkShapeLabelMapFilter
> itkShapeLabelObject
>
> *dependency
>
> Subclasses of the Shape filters in the NAMIC-Sandbox that remain to
> be moved:
>
> itkShapePositionLabelMapFilter
> itkBinaryShapeKeepNObjectsImageFilter
> itkLabelShapeKeepNObjectsImageFilter
> itkLabelShapeOpeningImageFilter
>
> itkShapeUniqueLabelMapFilter
>
> It should be noted that the ShapeUniqueLabelMapFilter has a cluster
> of dependencies
> (at least three), as reference for future reviews. Some of the
> dependencies I recall
> are itkLabelMapUtilities (I added the Doxygen for this),
> itkObjectByObjectLabelMapFilter
> and an Attribute...type...filter.

Hi Sophie,

The itkLabelMapUtilities file is there only to fix the problem with
the templated methods. You have used another fix, so it shouldn't be
needed anymore.
Also, I don't think there is a dependency on
ObjectByObjectLabelMapFilter, nor on an Attribute...Filter, excepted
maybe for the test, but it can be implemented in another way (with
MergeLabelMapFilter).

If you get a chance, it would be great if you review
ObjectByObjectLabelMapFilter today: this filter is used in many places
in our tools!

Regards,

Gaëtan

--