[Insight-developers] GDCM 2.x in ITK

Daniele Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 08:45:36 EDT 2008

Hi Gabri!

Hai visto?

Che dici, poi ce la proviamo a compilarle GDCM su grafica?

------------------
Hi there,

  I finally found some time to update ITK to use the newer GDCM 2.x
API. As discussed before, gdcm 2.x has not been merged in ITK, as it
does not compile with a compiler. I'll be writing some more transition
testing, to check for any regression in the next couple of days. So
until I say so, please do not start using ITK + GDCM 2.x, thanks.

  If for experimentation you would still like to try it out, steps are:

GDCM 2.x:
* Get gdcm from svn (or gdcm 2.0.10 when it comes out)
* cmake / make / make install

ITK CVS:
* configure ITK using ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM:ON
* set GDCM_DIR: to whatever path was used to install GDCM 2.x
* make / make install

thanks,
--
Mathieu