[Insight-developers] gcc 4.3 test failures

Niels Dekker niels-xtk at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 14 10:48:22 EDT 2008

Bill Lorensen wrote:
> Luis,
> I added some additional output to one of the gcc4.3 failing tests.
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=4748940&build=99510
> As you can see from the output, the test seems to fail even though the
> two variables are equal. Have you had a chance to upgrade to the new
> gcc 4.3?

cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=4748940&build=99510 says:

  Compare stand-alone and streamer outputs
  it1.Get() != it2.Get(): 0.207653 != 0.207653
  Test failed.

I guess the difference between the two is extremely small. You could try
to increase the precision of std::cout, by using std::setprecision(),
within itkCurvatureFlowTest.cxx
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/iostream/manipulators/setprecision.html

And maybe display the difference as well: it1.Get()- it2.Get().

Just my 2 cents,

Kind regards,
--
Niels Dekker