[Insight-developers] How should I handle a trivial regression test failure?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jun 11 17:07:15 EDT 2008

Hi Frank,

Thanks for addressing this bug.

The fist question is:

   Is ImageRegistration14 the only failing test ?
   or do other tests fail as well ?

If this is the only failing test, we could first
fiddle with the registration parameters to make
sure that the optimizer is working its way to a
point very close to the optimum.

That is, it may be that by running more iterations
or forcing a more stringent stopping criteria the
optimizer may work harder and get to the previous
answer.

If this is the only test failing, I would suggest
that you commit the fix, and then we assess the
impact of the fix on all the platforms tomorrow.

The last resort will be to commit a new baseline
image, but before we do that we must really make
the case that the previous baseline image was an
insatisfactory answer.

    Luis