[Insight-developers] Empty FixedArray destructor: Performance hit using gcc (times 2)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jun 6 09:14:55 EDT 2008

Hi Tom,

Thanks for providing the code of your test.

I was misinterpreting your description of 8 versus 4 bytes alignment.

The test code has been committed the testing code under:

       Insight/Testing/Code/Common/itkFixedArrayTest2.cxx

This should help us to see the effect of the changes accross all
platforms.

Is it fair to say that the test should fail when we observe
that the array of FixedArrays has been allocated with a pointer
that is not an 8 bytes boundary ?

    Thanks

       Luis