[Insight-developers] TIFF and LSM images failing in sanchome.megason-lab.hms : release

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Jul 27 09:58:21 EDT 2008

Hi Kishore,

Thanks a lot for running the tests.

Yes, the new tests show that the TIFF reading is failing for
the Fax formats. Note that this doesn't discard the possibility
that the writing may be failing as well, (we need to add the
complementary tests).

The next step is to figure out what is the layer in which
this is failing.

Some of the suspects are:

     1) itkTIFFImageIO
     2) itkTIFFImageIOBase
     3) libtiff (3.5.2) distributed in Insight/Utilities

Let's start by checking numeral (3),
the TIFF library itself.

Could you please try the following:

     A) Install the most recent TIFF library in
        your Linux distribution.

     B) Reconfigure ITK with CMake, go to the advanced
        mode enable the flag:

                   ITK_USE_SYSTEM_TIFF

     C) Build ITK, and submit an experimental build to
        the Dashboard

        in Linux this is as simple as going to the Binary
        directory where you are building ITK, and typing:

                     make Experimental

        This will build ITK, run all the tests, package
        the results and submit them to the ITK Dashboard.

If this makes the test pass, then we will know that the
problem is that we need to update the libtiff library.

If the tests still fail, then we should probably explore
options (1) and (2).

Of course, any other suggestions are welcome,

     Thanks

        Luis