[Insight-developers] voxel.jouy.inra.fr : Tests Dependencies

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 16 13:45:08 EDT 2008

Hi Bill,

I believe there is a way of defining dependencies between tests.

Bill Hoffman has been working on this for allowing groups
of tests in parallel. The ctest equivalent of a "make -j 4".

I agree that in general, having dependencies is a poor practice.
However, there are cases in which it saves us from having to
carry large datasets, for example in the Deformable registration
tests there is a lot of data reuse (output of one test is input
to another test...).

    My 2 cents,

       Luis