[Insight-developers] Test framework

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Dec 30 12:15:36 EST 2008

Hi Dan,

Thanks for adding to the Wiki the information on GoogleTest.

Two questions:

A)  You mention that it

          "trivially compiles using CMake without
           configuration or modification. "

     Is that right ?

     I downloaded version: gtest-1.2.1.tar.gz (released Dec 11)
     and couldn't find CMakeLists.txt files in it.

     There are standard configure and scons constructs  in the
     directory...

     Have you written a CMakeLists.txt file for gtest ?
     If so, could you please share it ? (maybe attach it to
     the Wiki)

B) The README file indicates that in order to build it on
    Windows it requires Visual Studio 7.1 or newer.

    This may actually be a good opportunity for
    singing the Requiem for Visual Studio 6.0 and 7.0.   :-)

   Thanks

       Luis