[Insight-developers] Testing philosophy question

Blezek, Daniel J. Blezek.Daniel at mayo.edu
Tue Dec 23 11:04:02 EST 2008

Hi,

  I found a warning in itkConnectComponentsImageFilter when the output
type is signed.  There is a comparison on line 608 of the .txx file
between the backgroundvalue (Output type) an unsigned long int.  The
code is correct, but gcc warns of a comparison between signed and
unsigned.

  Now I realize that my label maps should be unsigned, which would fix
the warning.  Should the filter warn that the output type should be
unsigned? or should code be fixed to accommodate signed and unsigned
types?  I'm happy to do the fix and add a new test.

-dan

Daniel Blezek, PhD
Medical Imaging Informatics Innovation Center

P 127 or (77) 8 8886
T 507 538 8886
E blezek.daniel at mayo.edu

Mayo Clinic