[Insight-developers] Re: [Insight-users] Fixing bugs for ITK with MinGW

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Sep 3 06:59:16 EDT 2007

On 9/1/07, Ali - <saveez at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The reason that the tests fail is that the bug for building shared
> libraries still exists as some references for SmartPointers cannot be found
> by the MinGW compiler.

How do you reach this conclusion? If that were true, I would think there
would be reported build errors of some sort, but there are not.

The dash14 MinGW dashboard is actually built with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS set to
OFF. (that is, static libraries are built on that dashboard)

So any bugs related to shared libs should be irrelevant for this dashboard.

If I can find some time this week, I will try to set up an identical
dashboard on dash14 that does use BUILD_SHARED_LIBS.

HTH,
David Cole