[Insight-developers] Linear solvers

Alexandre GOUAILLARD hanfei at caltech.edu
Sun Oct 7 22:48:58 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

We have implemented several mesh parameterisation algorithms. Those
algorithm requires solving quite big linear systems, and we have been
playing wth different solvers out there: VNL, TAUCS, MUMPS, of which only
VNL is included in ITK. Unfortunatly, that's also the slower.
We have designed the code to be solver-templated. By defualt the solver
traits will be the VNL,

but we are wondering if it would be too much of an effort to include TAUCS
in ITK? The performances are really better. It sems that the licence would
allow it, and it seems to be cross plateform enough:
http://www.tau.ac.il/~stoledo/taucs/

Alex.