[Insight-developers] Itkzlib stuck at version 1.1.4?

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Thu Jul 19 11:07:33 EDT 2007

I understand.  I was looking at the MATIO library ‹ for reading and writing
matlab files ‹ and it requires a later version.  The upside of MATIO is that
it can handle the full matlab mat file specification, the downside is that
it¹s Lesser GPL 2.1 which is problematic license wise.

The upside of ZLIB 1.2.3 are that there are some performance improvements,
added functionality, and security fixes.  In particular, it adds an
in-memory streaming mode that is necessary for reading Matlab 5 compressed
files.

Right now I have the task of reading/writing transforms in matlab format ‹
rigid affine first, but eventually reading/writing the same data as
itkTransfromFileReader/Writer...