[Insight-developers] ImageIO Streaming

Douglas Alan douglas_alan at harvard.edu
Tue Jul 3 17:22:50 EDT 2007

Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I assume Determining will be spelled correctly and not Determing?

It's actually currently "Determine" (i.e.,
DetermineStreamableRegionFromRequestedRegion), rather than "Determing"
or "Determining".

> Or should it be ComputeStreamableReadRegionFromRequestedRegion. I
> don't recall any other method names that start with Determining.

It was I who suggested "determine" (or perhaps "calculate", or "derive")
over "compute", as I tend to think of "computing" as typically involving
some sort of CPU intensive activity, while in the case of the FITS
reader, for instance, the requested region is just returned unmodified.

On the other hand, I'm not so familiar with ITK naming conventions, and
if there is already a verb (e.g, "compute") that's already commonly used
for such potentially quick calculations, then I agree that that verb
should probably be used here.