[Insight-developers] ImageIO Streaming

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Mon Jul 2 17:15:41 EDT 2007

Luis,

I was thinking about this also.  I would think that the answer is
"Probably".  If you write a sub-region to a new file, I think that you will
actually need to write a "LargestPossibleRegion" to make a valid file
output.  The area outside the specified region should be all zeros (or some
specified background value).  If you were writing to an existing file, then
only the voxels in the specified region should be modified in the resulting
output file.

This problem is much harder, and less likely to be needed at the moment.
I'd like to focus on just the streaming read problems for the moment.

====
It is, however, critical that the function names are changed now so that we
can maintain backwards compatibility once the file writing mechanisms are
ready to be implemented.

Hans

--
Hans J. Johnson, Ph.D.