[Insight-developers] Explicit Instantiation not properly done in Common?

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue Feb 6 14:45:53 EST 2007

I emailed Julian about this but maybe someone else is more up on this at
the moment.

If I get the current Insight CVS and try and build it with Explicit
Instantiation turned on, loads of header files in Code/Common include
generated files that aren't being generated because there's no
corresponding file in Wrapping/ExplicitITK/Modules/Common.

This shows up as errors like this one:
In file included from
.../Insight/Code/Common/itkTransformFactoryBase.cxx:22:
.../Insight/Code/Common/itkCenteredAffineTransform.h:127:53: error:
Templates/itkCenteredAffineTransform+-.h: No such file or directory
In file included from
.../Insight/Code/Common/itkCenteredEuler3DTransform.h:21,
                from
.../Insight/Code/Common/itkTransformFactoryBase.cxx:23:
.../Insight/Code/Common/itkEuler3DTransform.h:154:46: error:
Templates/itkEuler3DTransform+-.h: No such file or directory

Am I misconfigured somehow or is this an oversight?

Mac OSX (gcc 4, etc)