[Insight-developers] Adding Concept Chechking "float"/"double" to pixel type of GradientAnisotropicDiffusion

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 09:12:00 EDT 2007

Luis,

This change may cause backward compatibility problems. Old code may no
longer compile and the compiler error for the conept checking is cryptic on
some compilers. We should warn the user and give explicit instructions on
how to repair the code in the warning message.

I understand that the current code is not producing correct results. But
that is the fault of the itk development team and not the user of the code.
We should notify users in an instructive way on how to fix their code so
that it produces correct results. A cryptic compiler error is not
informative.

I'm sure others will want to comment on this.

Bill