[Insight-developers] Speak now or forever hold your peace w.r.t. itk::TransformFileReader/Writer

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Aug 3 08:51:00 EDT 2007

Hi Kent,

Does this involve any API change ?

If so,
then we should post it first as an Insight Journal report.

Remember:

    Once the code is in a release, we have to maintain
    it "forever". Even if down the line we realize that
    the choice was not ideal.

---

Otherwise, the change sounds good to me.

It is still a long the lines where we could convert it
into a factory based mechanism down the line without
having to change the API.

We could expect that users will also need to write
VTK transforms, IDL transforms, OpenGL transforms...

BTW,

   Note that only Affine-like transforms can be written
   in Matlab format. (AFAIK).

How are you dealing with the case where the input transform
happens to be a BSplineDeformable, or  a ThinPlateKernelTransform ?

Throw an exception ?

    Luis