[Insight-developers] IJ Volunteers

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Sat Sep 16 06:24:39 EDT 2006

Stephen,

Have I said or done something wrong ?
I'm writting a review for each new paper I'm able to review - perhaps I'm
late of 1 review or 2 - but I'll not submit 3 reviews per paper, and will
not submit reviews for my own ones.

I'm asking about reviewer associate because their role is to assign some
reviewers to a paper, and most of the papers in the IJ are still lacking
of reviews - Note that I'm only talking about the contributions to ITK,
not about the articles for the MICCAI. I would be pleased to incite
potential reviewers to write more reviews, but again, I have seen nothing
about the editor associate since your last mail.

Alsso, it seem that the ITK developers are not getting that letting a
contribution for 6 or 9 months in the insight journal without much
activity is like saying

   "we don't care about your work and the time you spent to write your
article".

If there can't be more reviewers for the contributions to the insight
journal, do not require 3 reviews to integrate it in the toolkit, are stop
asking people to post their code to the IJ. If you (developers) really
don't care, just keep things like that - that's fine.

Some days like this one, I'm really not sure why I'm still using the IJ,
and warning their owners about what is wrong - it also look like a huge
waste of time

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann