[Insight-developers] API Change breaks backward compatibility

Kent Williams kent at psychiatry.uiowa.edu
Tue Sep 5 17:24:26 EDT 2006

In looking at SNAP, it looks like SNAP uses ITK_CoordinateOrientation to
determine an images anatomical orientation. I haven't used SNAP, but I
would think SNAP should be using the Direction Cosines instead of the
MetaDataDictionary to find an image's orientation.

The other use of ITK_CoordinateOrientation, in the
itkVoxBoCUBImageIO.cxx doesn't set the Direction Cosines either.

I can fix SNAP, but the question is should I?  I reckon Paul Yushkevich
is on this list, maybe he has an opinion?