[Insight-developers] WrapITK warning message

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Oct 27 07:09:08 EDT 2006

Hi Luis,

The message for WrapITK:

   MESSAGE("WrapITK is an experimental system for wrapping ITK. It has been
tested only on Linux and it is known not to work on Windows platforms.")

is not inexact: I'm also running the tests on macos X on my side, and Zach
has entirely developped WrapITK on that system. Also, several users has
reported using it on several systems, including solaris and ... windows.
Charl P. Botha is using it on that OS, with VS.NET 7.1 - so bad nobody
fixed the windows build on the dashboard before the release, at least for
that compiler.

By having WrapITK in ITK, I hope there will be more users who want to test
it, and hopefully report the problems. With this message, and the message
about the Review directory, I'm afraid most of the potential users will be
discouraged to try it.

Can you change it for a less dissuasive message ?

Thanks,

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann