[Insight-developers] Recent include file reorg breaks backward compatibility

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 13:58:33 EDT 2006

Brad,

The recent reorganization of some of the utility include files is causing a
backward compatibility problem. In Slicer3 we have a class (a Slicer3
ImageIO specific class) that includes zlib/zlib.h. Your recent changes
(renaming the itk include files for some utilities) causes a compilation
error when Slicer3 is build against the nightly itk cvs.

Is there some way we can minting compatibility with the  old include usage
without changing the Slicer3 code. It is critical that we can build against
2.8 and the cvs head. I suspect that other itk users will meet the same
issue.

Bill