[Insight-developers] Please help mewithBSplineDeformableTransformation

Henning Meyer tutmann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 10:26:11 EST 2006

Hello,

I tried to make my own version if BSplineDeformableTransform, which
just wraps SetParameters, SetParametersByValue, GetParameters,
GetNumberOfParameters and GetNumberOfParametersPerDimension.
I left the original versions of these methods as
SetBloatedParameters,...,GetNumberOfBloatedParametersPerDimension.
The new methods just store the parameters in a new private field
  ParametersType	m_croppedParameters;
And a new private field ParametersType	m_bloatedParameters; is created
with zeros on the borders.
Now I have a hard crash in WrapAsImages(), there is a SIGSEGV in
this->m_Jacobian.set_size( SpaceDimension,
this->GetNumberOfBloatedParameters() );
The stacktrace looks like this:
11 mallopt()
10 malloc()
9 operator new()
8 operator new[]()
7 vnl_c_vector_alloc()
6 vnl_c_vector<double>::allocate_T()
5 vnl_matrix<double>::set_size()
4 itk::CroppedBSplineDeformableTransform<double, 3u,
3u>::WrapAsImages() at croppedBSplineDeformableTransform.txx.h:461
3 itk::CroppedBSplineDeformableTransform<double, 3u,
3u>::SetBloatedParameters() at
croppedBSplineDeformableTransform.txx.h:371
2 itk::CroppedBSplineDeformableTransform<double, 3u,
3u>::SetParameters() at croppedBSplineDeformableTransform.txx.h:326
1 main() at ../registerer.cpp:370

Has anybody a hint?
The value of SpaceDimension is 3, and
this->GetNumberOfBloatedParameters() return 1536. What's wrong with
this? Why is mallopt complaining?
Please help!

Henning