[Suspected Spam][Insight-developers] Image3D ==> DicomSeries : Proposal

Lorensen, William E (GE, Research) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Tue Mar 21 07:31:13 EST 2006

Luis,
I have added the following to the Wiki proposal:

Lorensen Comments
I would rather not add DICOM specific code to ImageSeriesWriter. Some sort of a helper class could be created that would populate the MetaDataDictionary for each slice. Helper classes would permit us to produce a variety of DICOM headers if need be. Many of the commercial Radiology workstations such as GE's Advantage Windows require tags that vary depending upon the vendor.

However, there is a know problem in image series writer. It invokes a 2D reader for each image. It passes down a 2D position and 2D orientation. DICOM, even though it is a 2D format, has a 3D position. This needs to be resolved for GDCMImageIO to generate proper image position patient.