[Insight-developers] Please help me with BSplineDeformableTransformation

Henning Meyer tutmann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 08:39:36 EST 2006

Hello,

I posted this question a while ago, but nobody cared about it. So I
simply try it again:
The BSplineDeformableTransformation needs additional grid-points in
every dimension according to the order of the spline used. So when
trying to register a 3D image with a 5x5x5 grid of a 3rd-order BSpline
I end up with (5+3)^3 *3 = 1536 parameters instead of 5^3 * 3 = 375
parameters which is a huge difference for the optimizer.
But normaly these border-grid-points remain zero anyway. So... is
there an easy way to simply get rid of these points (at least to tell
the optimizer not to care about them)?

This could improve optimization performance quite a lot.

Or did I misunderstand something dramatically?

Please help me,

Thanks

Henning