[Insight-developers] Re: design problem with VectorImage and ImageAdaptor ?

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Mar 7 16:25:34 EST 2006

Gaetan Lehmann wrote:

>Karthik, Luis,
>
>I get some errors when wrapping VectorImageToImageAdaptor. Some can be
>resolved by a small change in a typedef in ImageAdaptor -

Is it fixed with this fix ?
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/itkVectorImageToImageAdaptor.h?root=Insight&r1=1.7&r2=1.8

>  void SetPixel(const IndexType &index, const PixelType & value)
>    { m_PixelAccessor.Set( m_Image->GetPixel(index), value ); }
>
>give the error
>

>There is this error message because GetPixel() in VectorImage does not return
>a reference to the pixel:

GetPixel() in VectorImage cannot return a reference to a pixel. It
returns a VariableLengthVector< T > pixel created on the stack. This is
because the data buffer does not actually contain references and
pointers types of VariableLengthVector< T >, but 'n' pixels of type T
itself.

>An important design problem to use VectorImage with ImageAdaptor ?

Not really. I was just an example. Since you've wrapped VectorImage and
VariableLengthVector, it should generally suffice.