[Insight-developers] Can WrapITK appear on ITK download page ?

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Jun 16 15:31:44 EDT 2006

Hi,

People interested in using ITK with python, tcl or java, will first build the
current ITK wrappers, and often:
 1) silently renounce to use them (for a large amount of good reasons)
 2) ask on the user mailing list for such or such feature, where I have to
advice them to use WrapITK
Sadely, I'm quite sure most of people will not ask on the list and will just
give up, whereas WrapITK could have fit their need, and even when I advice
them to use WrapITK, most of them will not do that, and will continue to use
current wrappers withtout the feature they want, or, again, give up.

I think  WrapITK difficultly get the audience it would have, because it does
not appear in the ITK website.

Would it be possible to add it on the ITK download page ?
After all, it's only the current wrapping system, with a lot more features
(and also probably a few more bugs :-) ).

Gaetan