[Insight-developers] nightly test start time

Jim Miller millerjv at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 19:46:02 EDT 2006

Gaetan,

>From the DartConfig.cmake file in the Insight checkout,

SET (NIGHTLY_START_TIME "21:00:00 EDT")

The nightly start time is 9PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).

So it looks like both the Wiki FAQ and the website are incorrect! :)

(Over the years this number has changed.  We used to start at 1am EDT.  But
we have been shifting it earlier and earlier so that the test will be
completed by the time we start reviewing them in the morning on the east
coast in the states.  We set out start times to be on daylight savings time
so that our cron jobs can be set once (on EDT time) and forgotten.  When we
are on EDT, our cron jobs start around 9:05pm, or 5 minutes after the
dashboard opens.  When we move off of daylight savings time, we leave our
cron jobs alone and the end up starting an hour and 5 minutes after the
dashboard opens. Dealing with daylight savings time is a major hassle)

Jim