[Insight-developers] feature matching recomendations?

Miller, James V (GE, Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Wed Jun 7 11:40:22 EDT 2006

If the plan is use the feature matching for registration, then I suggest
adding a new metric to ITK.

Parallel to this, we could consider allowing the image metrics to have to
have a set of "samples" on which they are evaluated.  These samples
could be randomly generated or prescribed by a feature detector on the
fixed image.

I would like to have ITK's registration framework expanded to include
more feature based registration techniques.  All that should be needed
is a new set of metrics.

Jim