[Insight-developers] ITK 2.8 Repository Tagged & Branched

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Tue Jun 6 10:29:57 EDT 2006

Gaetan,

I agree with you the IJ is not reaching is full potential.
However, the main issue at this point is not the number of publications
but the amount of reviews for new code and this is slowing down the
process. Moreover, the submission of new revisions is somehow painful.

Here are some features that we want to implement (hopefully soon) for
the Insight Journal.

1) Separate CVS access for submission into the IJ so bug fixes can be
quickly fixed without a need for a resubmission.

2) Improved review design for submission to ITK (and other toolkits).
The idea is to assign two/three main reviewers and set a deadline for
the reviews (with email reminders). This should speedup the integration
into the toolkit. Also, at submission time, you will be able to specify
if this is a new feature or bug fix, etc...

I'm also collecting ideas/features on how to improve the IJ. Feel free
to send me an email or log a feature request at www.itk.org/Bug (there
is a project for Insight Journal).

Thanks,

Julien