[Insight-developers] Iterator Traits for Sparse Images

Henning Meyer tutmann at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 04:16:55 EDT 2006

Hello,

I read about the ideas for sparse images (in the sense of sparse
matrices like described here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparse_matrix).
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:IteratorTraits

This article describes what would be needed. So my question is: Is
there anything done already? Where should one start when developing
this? Will it have chances to be merged to the main ITK once it is
finished?

Once the Iterator-issue is solved I think even most of the filters
could be optimized for sparse images dramatically - does anybody have
good ideas regarding this issue?

Henning