[Insight-developers] [GDCM] ITK Origin and coordinate system

Lorensen, William E (GE, Research) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Wed Jan 18 07:50:50 EST 2006

itkImage keeps the direction cosines as meta data, but does not use them in transforms between image space and physical space. OrientedImage uses the direction cosines. Both images uses spacing and origin. The reason for two images types is performance. There is a performance penalty in using the direction cosines.

Bill