[Insight-developers] Bug 3647

Miller, James V (GE, Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Tue Aug 22 08:27:56 EDT 2006

Karthik,

You checked some changes to ImageFunction and
LinearInterpolateImageFunction that I would like to discuss.

Inside LinearInterpolateImageFunction you put in a call to
IsInsideBuffer().  The use case to date has been that it is the calling
function's responsibility to only evaluate the function at a pixel that
is inside the image.

Also, you are caching the BufferedRegion as an ivar of the
ImageFunction.  There does not seem to be a reason for this as the
BufferedRegion should be available via an inline call on the image
itself (which the ImageFunction has access to).

Looking at the bug log, it looks like you were trying to address an
issue whereby the last slice of a resampled image would be blank. Dirk
Padfield has a fix for this particular problem.  The problem is one of
numerical precision, and samples that were supposed to be on the last
slice were numerically just a smidge past the last slice.  Dirk changed
some of the calculations in the ResampleImageFilter to use
integral/fixed point arithmetic.  This fixed the problems he was having
with the ResampleImageFilter. I'll have a Dirk check in these changes.

Jim Miller
Visualization & Computer Vision
GE Research
Bldg. KW, Room C223
1 Research Circle, Schenectady NY 12309-1027

millerjv at research.ge.com <mailto:millerjv at research.ge.com>
(518) 387-4005, Dial Comm: 8*833-4005
Cell: (518) 505-7065, Fax: (518) 387-6981