[Insight-developers] Explicit Instantiation Proposal

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Apr 25 18:42:34 EDT 2006

Hello, all:

I've added a proposal entry on the ITK Wiki describing the explicit
instantiation design.  See the page for details:

   http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:Explicit_Instantiation

So far I've completed the basic motivation and implementation of the
macro-based instantiation syntax.  I'll finish the "Writing
Instantiation Macros" and "Organizing Source Files" sections at the
bottom later this week.

Also, I'd like help from Julien, Benoit, Gaetan, and Zachary to complete
the "Generating Instantiations" section.  Likely this will overlap alot
with wrapper generation, and I'd like to take knowledge from the WrapITK
project.  Some of the discussion will have to wait until I've completed
the section on Organizing Source Files because many of the files
mentioned in that section will need to be generated.  If you look at the
Code/Common/Templates directory in current ITK CVS you will see examples
of these files.  Take a look also in Code/Common/*.h for places that
include files from the Templates subdirectory.

Please take a look and post feedback.

Thanks,
-Brad