[Insight-developers] Q: current procedure for code contributions?

Torsten Rohlfing torsten at synapse.sri.com
Fri Oct 14 17:48:02 EDT 2005

Hi --

My apologies if this is a stupid question, but I am a little confused. I
was wondering what the current procedure is for code contributions to
ITK? I am mostly asking about entirely new classes, not mere bug fixes
and patches to existing code.

I am still sitting on a pile of code, among them an algorithm for simple
DTI fiber tracking and an implementation of the multi-class STAPLE
algorithm. For now, I have put them up for download at
http://www.stanford.edu/~rohlfing/software/index.html, but it would be
quite nice if I could get rid of these sometimes.

Last time I tried to send some code (the fiber tracking classes), I
remember being referred to the Insight Journal. Having checked there, I
can't say it is clear to me how things sent to the journal would make it
into ITK in a predictable way. From what I recall, there seemed to be a
suggestion of an automated system to incorporate code submissions to the
journal into the ITK code base, but I can't seem to find any mention of
such a system on the journal web site. The longer I think about it, the
more I doubt such a system would work robustly in the first place, so
maybe I got something wrong there?

Thanks for any clarification anyone could provide.

Best,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Rohlfing, PhD          SRI International, Neuroscience Program
 Research Scientist             333 Ravenswood Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025

     "Though this be madness, yet there is a method in't"