[Insight-developers] Make problems after moving an include file, possible cmake problem

Bill Lorensen wlorens1 at nycap.rr.com
Sat Oct 8 08:51:48 EDT 2005

Folks,
Dan recently moved a .h file from Code/Numerics/Statistics to Code/Common.
Now on some platforms we get errors like:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target
`../../src/Insight/Code/Numerics/Statistics/itkMersenneTwisterRandomVariateGenerator.h',
needed by
`Testing/Code/Numerics/Statistics/CMakeFiles/itkStatisticsTests.dir/itkMersenneTwisterRandomVariateGeneratorTest.o'.
Stop.

The errors look like they come from platforms running cmake versions that
keep binaries and other cmake related files in foo.dir directories. I
suspect that the dependency files are not being update correctly.

If this is the problem, how can we force cmake to generate the proper
dependencies.

Bill